Take your Admission Test from your home
To be considered for Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University Undergraduate programs, you need to appear for standardized assessment consisting of:
1. Shiv Nadar University Scholastic Aptitude Test (SNUSAT) for 2 hours
*The above time excludes the 3 minute NDA & other instructional screens
2. Academic Proficiency Test (APT) (45 minutes each)
Sections and Duration
|School of Engineering (SoE)
|B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
B.Tech in Civil Engineering
B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
|School of Natural Sciences (SoNS)
|B.Sc. (Research) in Physics
|B.Sc. (Research) in Biotechnology
Maths or Chemistry or Physics
|B.Sc. (Research) in Chemistry
Maths or Biology or Physics
|B.Sc. (Research) in Mathematics
Physics or Critical Writing I
|School of Humanities
& Social Sciences (SoHSS)
|B.Sc. (Research) in Economics
Critical Writing I
|B.A. (Research) in English
B.A. (Research) in History
B.A. (Research) in Sociology
B.A. (Research) in International Relations
|Critical writing I
Critical writing II
|School of Management
& Entrepreneurship (SoME)
|Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
|Critical writing I
Critical writing II
* Subjects in green are mandatory to attempt for the respective program
** Subjects in blue are to be chosen one from the given options for the respective program
- If the same APT serves all the Programs that you have selected, no additional APT is required. For instance, all Engineering Programs require “Physics+ Maths”. This combination also makes you eligible for B.Sc (R) in Physics and B.Sc. (R) in Mathematics.
- If any of your Program preferences are mapped to a different APT, you are required to take the additional 30 min APT(s). However, there is no need to repeat SNUSAT. For instance, when Program preference 1 is B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering and Program preference 2 is B.Sc. (Research) in Biotechnology, you first need to appear for SNUSAT + APTs “Physics+ Maths”. For B.Sc.(Research) in Biotechnology, you will have to give an additional APT of “ Biology”.
- All the questions except the SNUSAT Essay and Critical Writing in APT will be Multiple Choice Type. There is no negative marking.
- SNUSAT Essay and Critical writing sections will have to be typed on the computer, within the stipulated time.
- “Filling 3 preferences is mandatory”
Note: To understand and be comfortable with the interface used for SNUSAT, please visit the tutorial page: https://wsr.pearsonvue.com/demo/
Apply to Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University by filling the online application form available here. The application fee and other relevant details will also be available at the same link or you may contact Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University website.
Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University does not accept registration for SNUSAT + APT from candidates in any other mode or form. SNUSAT & APT will be available from 9th December 2021 for scheduling. Scheduling will be enabled on the 'first-come, first-serve' basis. To ensure that you get your preferred slot, you are advised to register and schedule at the earliest possible. Subject to completion of admission process at the University, SNUSAT + APT may be closed earlier.
Scheduling of SNUSAT and APT(s) must be completed at least 48 hours prior to the desired exam appointment.
You will be able to select the Date, Time and Test Centre based on the availability of seats. However, availability of preferred Test Center or Time cannot be assured as the Test Slots will be scheduled on a ‘first-come, first-serve’ basis. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you upon successful scheduling of the test.
For any queries regarding scheduling, you are required to get in touch with Pearson VUE using the contacts given at pearsonvue.com/snu/contact.
Rescheduling of SNUSAT and APT(s) must be completed at least 72 hours prior to the exam appointment. You are allowed to reschedule exam appointment only up to two times within the authorized exam delivery period.
Retake of SNUSAT or APT will not be allowed under any circumstance.
The exam cannot be cancelled but can be rescheduled in accordance with the Reschedule Policy given above. There will be no refund under any circumstance.
Refer to the Admission Policy among other additional instructions presented when you schedule your exam. These will also be sent to you as part of your Scheduling, rescheduling & reminder emails.
Persons accompanying the Candidate will not be allowed into the test premises, and no waiting area will be provided.